Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving in Japan



If you are living overseas, and missing your favorite holiday foods, you need to either improvise or have something sent over your home country/order online.

I have been wanting some velvetta cheesy macaroni and some instant stuffing, and cranberry sauce. So my aunt was supposed to be mailing that stuff to me, as well as some Chocolate Lucky Charms. I love those things.

Well it was taking a bit too long to arrive. And I realized/remembered that instant things didnt always exist around here. So I headed out to the super market to get ingrediants and make everything from stratch.


This picture is just basic, but I could have made a whole dinner with turkey and corn, sweet potatoes, etc..


I made stuffing with lots of nice seasonings. And I made original chesse sauce for my pasta. I used milk and cheeses- orange kraft, and some japanese white cheese. It was delicious.

As for cranberry sauce, I was going to make that original too. But I had a ton of blueberries in my home that I needed to eat before they go bad. So I made original blueberry sauce instead. It was pretty delicious.


Im still waiting for my instant food to arrive in the mail. But finally when I had a little time on my hands, it wasnt difficult to find ingredients and make everything from stratch. :)

1 comment:

  1. And my aunt ended up not mailing those things, citing money problems. If she needed money i could have sent some to pay for the stuff and shipping.

    November 2011 thanksgiving I found some people on base to buy those things for me, and xmas sweet tart candy canes!

    ReplyDelete