Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dating as a single mom


After I arrived to Japan, me and my baby were famous. Its rather funny. Old ladies and even high school boys (lol) always want to play with the baby, or random people surrounding us on the train talking about how cute she is. After we were surrounded on the train, I noticed everyone else on the train started looking in our direction to see what the commotion was, and who the celebrities were that entered. HAHA.

At first, I thought I might have some problems dating here as a single mother... but that hasnt been the case at all. If fact, many guys use my baby as an EXCUSE to talk to me.. They will comment on how cute she is, and then they will start flirting with me or something. Japanese guys are shy, I thought. But some are really forward to even talk to me when Im out with the baby. They dont even ask if I was taken or married already. Or dont even seem to care.

So far, I know about 5 Japanese men who are married with kids, but have mistresses too.
It doesnt matter if the relationship with the wife is good or not. One guy I know has 8 month old baby and wonderful relationship with wife. but He has sex with wife and the mistress.

I heard, Japanese men need 2 women. 1 to be the mother of their kids, and the other to have fun with.

I have all of these guys after me, but they are married already and have other financial commitments, so cant help me. Im not interested in being a mistress. Some of them even want a serious relationship with me. I said hell no because I will not live a secret life forever. They could never meet my friends or family. I could never meet their friends or family. We couldnt even go out often. The relationship would be basically sex in my apartment since they live with wifey. Why would I want to live secretly in a relationship like that, and he didnt want me to have another boyfriend either. Guess he wantto feel powerful, but no, you cannot rule me sir.

They also cant help me financially, so they are pretty useless to me. I dont need a sex friend. If Im getting a sex friend, they better be handing out money and helping me financially.

I dont hold too much stock in Japanese men. I look at all of them as cheaters,. haha. When im walking down the street, I just know... 'they totally have some other mistress'.

I could never marry Japanese for a serious love relationship. I think if I marry Japanese, they better be rich, cuz I already know he's gonna have some other mistress. At least I can control some of that salary.

Its the common thing here to have mistresses, but I think people just pretend like no one has a mistress and pretend to be in happy marriages. I wonder if men tell their friends about the mistresses and say 'oh! i have one too'.. maybe guy friends go out on dates together with their mistresses instead of the wives. lol.

Im looking for the single man who can take me and my daughter as their own. I wanted Japanese, because my daughter is half, and she could have some kind of link to her heritage, and someone to talk to her in another native language. But I know, It wont be a honest relationship if its with a Japanese. I dont mind them cheating if we are having problems, and also I will have another boyfriend then. But you know, cheating on the wife even when you have wonderful relationship together, no fights, laughing all the time, like best friends...? Scary.

Well Im definitely not picky about men I date of course. I date many different races, white, black, hispanic, etc.

I also speak fluent spanish. My japanese was never up-to-par staying in the USA. So I moved here to finally become fluent as well. and I hope to use Japanese in my work in the future.

Im not particularly christian or any religion (maybe Zen buddhist if you really wanna label me) but if I will date japanese, it might be better to find a christian man. He might be a little bit more honest in the dating department. I think 7-day Adventist is the strictest. lol

1 comment: