Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fast food, USA vs Japan


Of course we have the typical chains.. Mcdonalds, Burger king, Pizza hut, Dominoes, etc.

But there seems to be some differences in what I like here, verses in the U.S.

Mcdonalds--

In Japan, I could eat Mcdonalds everyday. I dont know what it is, but the fries are delicious, and taste healthier. Then of course, there are tons of other things you will find on their menu thats not in the USA.

In America, Maybe I can eat mcdonalds once every few months. lol.


Burger king-- I prefer America for this one. I love their fries, its crispy/crunchy. And better tasting burger. I had burger king in japan... and the fries were string fries, and barely seasoned... it tasted like something I could buy from the grocery store in the frozen section. But of course, if I cook it myself, its gonna taste better. And it was also expensive at Burger King in Japan. So totally not worth the money.

If you want to dish out the same amount of cash, eat at Mos Burger-- Japanese fine dining burger joint. lol. I absolutely love this place, but I totally couldn't afford to eat there everyday like I could at Mcdonalds. Mickey Ds has a dollar menu.

Then there is pizza.. I had dominoes here, and they have tons of weird pizzas I havent tried yet, such as squid with egg and mayonaise. I stick with what I know.. something basic like Pepperoni. Their pepperoni pizza is called American Classic. and it also comes with onions on it. I dont like onions so much, and there was less cheese as well. And taste different. The botton of the pizza wasnt brown and smooth like you find in the U.S. It was more crispy golden, like pizza hut.

One of their pizzas were double cheese, mozzerella, and pepperoni. That was delicious. A bit expensive though.

I havent tried Pizza hut Japan at all yet. But basically the same menus and same prices.


Japan has their own pizza chains as well, which I havent tried and other burget joints like Lotteria or another.. havent tried.


Oh they have wendy's too. Pretty much the same price and same taste as in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment